Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Strawberry Short Cupcakes

Today I got to make cupcakes from a book I purchased over the summer called, Fun Stuff Cupcakes. These Strawberry Short Cupcakes have been calling my name since I bought strawberries last night, so I pulled out the recipe and started. They made enough for me to bring them to work tomorrow, hopefully the teams like them!

Strawberry Shortcake Cupcakes
Level: Easy
Time: About an hour and fifteen minutes (total time to make and bake)


Picture from Fun Stuff Cupcakes book


I was very excited to use my new measuring cups (Pier 1) and measuring spoons (Anthropologie)


The cupcakes looked like cornbread muffins



I used cupcake liners, because I bought these adorable floral and purple gingham liners from Francescas. I unfortunately did not us whipping cream like in the recipe, but it still tasted amazing. 


Cupcakes topped with mashed strawberries and sugar


Close up of  topped cupcake


Suggestions: Do not use cupcake liners, because the cupcake liners pull the cupcake apart and gets very messy!

No comments:

Post a Comment